Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Road Trip to Cedar Park

Sunday May 23, 2010 Chris, the kids and myself drove to Cedar Park to pick up Chris’s deer mount and deer meat.  This gave us a little taste of road trips, we are driving to Ohio this summer to visit Chris’s brother and his family. Yes, I said DRIVING to Ohio!

Our trip to Cedar Park was awesome!

We left at 10am, drove to Hillsboro and ate at IHOP, where we had a very sweet experience…

Our waitress came by our table to say our food would be out soon and someone and payed for our meal. What? We are not from here and would not know anyone!  Come to find out it was a High School Sunday School class, they eat at that IHOP every Sunday and the girls chose a family in the restaurant to pay for their meal…we are the family they chose.  They came by our table to introduce themselves, they were precious!  They told us we had such cute kids!!!  Which we already knew! Ha!!  It is so refreshing to know that their are still very caring and thoughtful people in this crazy world.

030This is the card they gave us.

 

Our next stop was to pick up the deer mount, which was the ranch that Chris hunted at last season.  The man who owns the ranch also does taxidermy.  I have never been in a taxidermy shop, from what I'm told this one was small. What? Sure seemed like a lot of animals.  This man completes 5 mounts a week, very busy man!!!!

Ella walked in with us, looked around and said “Mommy, I’m just going to stay in the car”.  She didn’t care for all of the dust, dirt and dead animals.

I think Owen enjoyed it, like father like son!

001

002

 

 

 

 

 

003

004

 

 

 

 

 005

 

 

 

 

006 

 

 

 

009

 

 

 

010

008 

 

 

 

 

011

 013

 

 

 

 

 

016

015

 

 

 

 

014

017

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chris was holding Owen in such a way that it looked like the hog had Owen in it’s mouth.  Like I mentioned like father like son!

019This is Chris’s deer.

 

Now we head home.  First we stop at the outlets in Round Rock.  Could have found a lot with out husband and children. Ha!

Then we drive to Waco and ate at Rudy’s, Yum!

025

The next stop was Shannon’s (Chris’s sister) to give Spencer his deer hide.  Chris gave Spencer the deer hide from the deer her mounted, Chris also shot a Spike, the skull plate to that deer will go to Connor.  The hide to the Spike will go to Owen.  Those were not ready yet.

Now Home Sweet Home!!!!!  We had a great trip, but a long day.  The kids were awesome!

029This is the new home for Chris’s deer, yes it is above the fireplace!!  It will go some where else when we get a family picture to put there.  But, for now it’s not too bad.

Funny story…

Sunday night when we got home it was late and the kids went right to bed.  Chris hung the deer.  The next morning, Ella would not come out of her room.  I went to check on her and apparently she had been crying.  She said “Mommy I don’t like that deer, Daddy needs to take it back!”  I told her that the deer was NOT real, I touched it to show her that it was NOT alive.  She fine with it now. Ha!





1 comments:

RMRR said...

That is too cute! Great post : ) The pictures turned out perfect!